With the coronavirus (COVID-19) growing daily, I wanted to visualize the spread of this pandemic using a bar chart. I am passionate about using data to tell a story and show the impact. I made three visualizations. If you have any feedback or questions, shoot me an email here.
- Coronavirus by Country
- Coronavirus by Country (excluding China)
- Coronavirus by State (USA)
I used Flourish as my tool to visualize the dataset, which came from Kaggle. It is essential to take this seriously and help stop the spread of this virus. If you’re quarantined and looking for ideas on how to stay busy as well as productive, here are 25 tips when you’re quarantined from the coronavirus.
Continue to protect yourself against the spread of COVID-19 with the following recommendations from the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or with soap and water, and be sure to clean your exercise equipment
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth, and nose
- Maintain at least 1 meter (or 3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek immediate medical attention